Sunday 12 August 2007

Blandford!

This past week I have been away at a Christian Youth Camp as a leader. I went to this camp last year and I loved it. I wasn't sure if I was going to come back again this year because of many things including my new job, but I decided and went and this year I took my brother as a leader too.
I had so much fun. It was amazing to see so many young people aged 11-14 dedicating their lives to Jesus.

So much came out of this week. For me I was challenged so much by Synergy, because it was right to the point. With my new job I have been so busy with that, that I have been distracted from God. My focus has been on pleasing my manager and being the best I can for her and not spending my time and focus on God. On Jesus who is my saviour and the only person who deserves all of my focus, love and time.

This last week I have made a commitment to myself and to God, to spend more time with Him and to make sure that my focus does not slip from God to the world!

I pray that God will help me with this and give me people who will steer me in the right direction when I get my focus wrong.

There were so many great things that came out of this last week that I could wright it all down in one post so maybe there will be more to come.


'Never stop praying' 1Thessalonians 5:17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cool! I love camps for that exact reason. Helps everyone get closer to God. Hope all is going well with your renewed commitment to spend time with God. God Bless <><