Friday 19 October 2007

Longing to...

When God calls you there is always a longing to do what God has called you to.


In some ways that is both a true and false statement. I have spoken to so many people who regret that they never fulfilled or responded to God's call, however big or small. Many people say that even before they acknowledged the call they feel some longings every now and then to go and do what God has said. Then they realise God has been saying it all along...'What a good plan, shame I didn't think of it first!'

However there are some callings that we have warm to, get our heads around, before we even beginning to understand why. But does that mean that there is no longing to do those things before we ave heard or understood the call?
However much she loves the job,

there is still a longing

to work for the church!


I was talking to a friend who I work with today, who is a christian and is going for ordination. The one thing she said to me that stood out, was however much she loves the job we do, there is still a longing to work for the Church.


This much I know that when God called me I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to accept it, but at the same time I had a longing to do what God had called me to. However small that longing was, it grew and grew until know I know I long to keep going on God's path.

No comments: