Monday 22 October 2007

Passion and power

As I sit here, I have been in deep thought about the ministry that I lead. I have been thinking and praying about some of the issues I am facing, the salvation for families and children, that we would see miracles and come expecting God to show up.
As I thought and prayed about this I found myself realising, that for a while I haven't expected God to show up, I haven't even presumed that He would.
What good is that? What example am I setting to my team? I turn up on a Friday or Sunday, I set up and get on with it. If God comes wow and I'm surprised, but I shouldn't be I should have expected it and longed for it.
However for a couple of weeks now we have spent some time in prayer, before God, before most of the children turn up and it has set the tone that we need to continue with. It reminded me why I was here, who I was doing this for and what the point was.
GOD and from that He has set my heart on fire, full of passion.
As I sat here praying, my passion took over. I long for these families to be saved, to let Jesus into many of their broken lives. I prayed and prayed for many things from deep in my heart but they were all about Children's ministry.

There is power in prayer and when we come to God, just as we are, with raw passion for His work, He listens and He is with you.
When I prayed with passion, I hope that God will answer with power.

The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. 17 Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years!

James 5:16-17 (New Living Translation)

No comments: