Sunday 28 January 2007

Storms


Sorry its been a while, but had a bit of trouble getting back on to do anything.

A few weeks ago I was challenge by God to preach. He clearly spoke to me and said 'Clare I want you to talk to my people. I want you to encourage them. I want you to show them that I am always there and I am a Cloud Lifter.'
At first I was like 'no way' and I thought I had made it up. I couldn't stand up and speak. I'm not ready God, use someone else. But still God said 'Yes you can Clare, I will be with you!'
So I plucked up my courage and text Ian the senior leader at my church with Sue. I asked if I could preach, that I needed a challenge and this was it.
So Ian text back 'Yes' and after a lot of I'm not sure I want to do it now, we worked out a date.
I had prepared and wrote down what God was telling me, I found Bible passages that backed up my point.
It got to the day and in the morning Joel Whitewood preached and then I was to in the evening at Disciple college. I was fine until I walked into the building then I felt nervous and was scared. I prayed continuously throughout the worship and as I walked up there. When I got to the front I looked to the door- my escape route should anything go horribly wrong and took a deep breath.
As I began to speak, instead of nerves I began to feel peace and my fear had turned into the Holy Spirit's power. After I had spoke and I sat down, I realised that, God will call those who cannot speak to speak and those who can to be silent. He will ask those who are weak to do things in his power to make strong people look like fools.

I realised that I didn't do anything. All I had to do was to stand up and open my mouth. It was God who had filled it with words. He gave me a clear message to begin with.

To all you out there who cannot speak, who feel weak, be encouraged for it is the weak and powerless God uses. 'My Grace is enough for you. When you are weak. My power in you is made perfect' 2Corinthians 12:9

No comments: