Wednesday 27 June 2007

Rare Breeds

Today was my Dad's 45th birthday and on Monday I was 20! (now I feel really old) As my Dad's birthday treat we went to the Rare Breeds farm with Ashford Salvation Army and spent the day with friends and animals.
It was a great day, but as I was walking around, ideas kept coming into my head! They were God inspired and maybe they were just for me, but maybe they need to be shared.

We are all Rare Breeds!
There is nobody else like you! God created you in His image. God created you to be completely unique and different from anybody else. You have been created by God for a special purpose. A Purpose that nobody else could do! Just for you. You are a rare breed, a one of a kind. God created you to be you and nobody else.
You don't need to look like anybody else! You don't need to sound like anybody else! You don't need to think like anybody else!
God just wants you to be you!
The person He created you to be!
Psalm 139:1-18 (Contemporary English version)
The LORD Is Always Near 1You have looked deep into my heart,
LORD, and you know all about me.
2You know when I am resting or when I am working,
and from heaven you discover my thoughts.
3You notice everything I do and everywhere I go.
4Before I even speak a word, you know what I will say,
5 and with your powerful arm you protect me from every side.
6I can't understand all of this!
Such wonderful knowledge is far above me.
7Where could I go to escape from your Spirit or from your sight?
8If I were to climb up to the highest heavens, you would be there.
If I were to dig down to the world of the dead you would also be there.
9Suppose I had wings like the dawning day and flew across the ocean.
10Even then your powerful arm would guide and protect me.
11Or suppose I said, "I'll hide in the dark until night comes to cover me over."
12But you see in the dark because daylight and dark are all the same to you.
13You are the one who put me together inside my mother's body,
14and I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me.
Everything you do is marvelous!
Of this I have no doubt.
15Nothing about me is hidden from you!
I was secretly woven together deep in the earth below,
16but with your own eyes you saw my body being formed.
Even before I was born,
you had written in your book everything I would do.
17Your thoughts are far beyond my understanding,
much more than I could ever imagine.
18I try to count your thoughts, but they outnumber the grains of sand on the beach.
And when I awake, I will find you nearby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes everyone of us are unique even identical twins have differences! But the good news is God loves us equally, tall, short, size zero, size XXL, black, white, male, female it makes no difference to God he loves us all !

Anonymous said...

You continue to bless me Clare as I see GOd continuing to develop you as you allow Him to. You were a breath of fresh air last night and I thank GOd for you

Sue