Friday 9 February 2007

I'm Scared

On Tuesday 20th February at 6.15pm I will have my first official interview for Salvation Army Training college! and I'm scared!! I've had an unofficial interview which went good I think, but this time its in front of a panel and in front of my officer Ian. What if I say something really wrong or I don't know the answers? I won't have just embarrassed myself, but my corp, Ian and God!

Not only that, I'm scared that they'll think that I am not a leader, scared that they will judge me, which in a way they will be and scared! Just scared. I don't feel like I have leadership qualities but others have seen that in me! I do believe that this is right and that this is God's plan and purpose. I just don't have the boldness required.

I guess I lack the trust. To trust that God will do the work for me. That God would speak to them that this is right. I know that I have trouble trusting God all the time, yet when I do the results amaze me. So why can't I trust God right now. To believe that its 'all gonna be all right'. That God will let it be all okay and that He will give me the words to say! I don't have an answer... I'm just scared!


But I must and I will try to put my trust wholly in God, for only He can do the impossible!
'But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and and not faint.'
Isaiah 40:31


4 comments:

gary said...

dont be scared go for it.you are a young lady with a great future.we belive that one day you will be a leader.be yourself you will do it.god is with you on your journey.godbless xx

Anonymous said...

we's reed your blog and see you scared. do not worry. god is with you and loves you. we's will prayer for you in the next few days. know god is holding you. amen.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes other people do see what God has called us to. Thats not because we cannot see it, but it is not always something we jump for and admit. Who would jump and say - I've been called by God as a leader. There is a humbling in what you are saying. However you must accept the wisdom of others as well, because they had stepped out and said this - and certainly would not say this to put you in a difficult place. Does that make sense. Embrace what God has for you - He's the greatest ever anyway - and He is worthy to have the knee bowed before

Anonymous said...

Bow the knee before the King!
In obedient, seek His face.
He has called you by Name
and Your response is to follow Him.
Bow the knee, before the King!