Thursday 1 February 2007

Changing the future?


Today I volunteered at my local primary school. It is also the school in which we as a Church moved Sunday Worship meetings to. We had become too big for our own building and with lots of prayer, vision and courage, we moved up to the school on Easter Sunday 2006. It has been amazing, since we have moved their we have continued to grow. We also moved are children's club 'Kingdom Kids' (see kingdom kids blog) to there on a Friday evening and that too has flourished. Its great because it was actually my primary school. I both loved and hated that place. I've always loved learning and loved going to school, but I also got badly bullied there, so I was very scared to go back there even if it was for Church and now I even volunteer up there. God replaced my bad memories of that place and has filled me with new amazing ones.

The reason I tell you this is because at the moment with Church I am the acting children's ministries officer. I love children so much and they seem to like me too. God has been using that gift for years but I would of never thought that this was possible. Yet He reminded me that through Him all things are possible!!

On my own I could probably do the role, but I would always be run down and would never really get anywhere. With God by my side and the vision He has I know that He will help me succeed!!

I wonder whether God is using the us within the school. Others from church work there and Sue is a governor there and now I volunteer there. God is using and going to use our presence there for miracles. I just know He will! Those children there are the future, many come to Kingdom Kids on a Friday and some our a major part of our Church family- What an influence we have!

COULD WE POSSIBLY BE CHANGING THE FUTURE?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that God is using you greatly. Thank you for inspiring your readership. We might not all comment daily, but then there is not always a lot to say other than an AMEN to someone growing in Christ and a response: Keep growing, Keep open and Keep in step with His Spirit. God is going to use you greatly in the years to come, and if you keep growing in these days too.