Saturday 10 February 2007

There is something quite beautiful...

There is something quite beautiful about children. I am at the moment the acting children's ministries officer at church and for the last couple of days have been reaping the benefit of it. There is so much hard work to be done, when organising activities, Sunday schools, trips, kingdom kids and my team. (they are a fabulous team and without them children's ministries would not work or exist.) Although it is such hard work I have been so blessed by the children. One Friday at Kingdom Kids, Sue led a prayer session and I just watched the children and I was almost in tears looking at all these children really wanting to know Jesus, wanting to talk to their friend God. The innocence and earnestness of one little boy made me just pour my thanks out to God so much for these young children, the future. They are such a blessing.
Today I was leading Sunday school, (we usually do this in two groups) yet today I had both groups together for the first time as me leading it. I put so much work into it and it went so well, I thank God so much for that. They all had fun, the older ones were set a challenge to do a dance and perform it to the younger ones and the younger ones did a collage of all Sunday school children's faces to show that 'Jesus knows all about us and loves us'!
(change I to your name or you)
Children are precious:
One hundred years from now, it won't matter,
what car I drove, if I was in the latest fashion,
what house I lived in,
but the world may be a different place
because I was important in a child's life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When God calls people to a ministry, it should never be something that we run from, but embrace. God has entrusted something to us, and as His Children we should embrace it all. God knows you can do it, or he would not ask you to do so. There is something special about childrens work, and only some people can really do it. To have the passion is what it appears you have - and that is amazing. Keep leading God's Children. Its clearly your calling.

Anonymous said...

Children are worth a lot of work being put into them. All to often sunday school teachers have pulled any old thing together - and the children have turned out as any old thing as well!!!! The exciting thing is that if you invest your time and energeies into this ministry, you can be sure that the children that you turn out will be spirit filled, Jesus loving and serving children of God. This is such an exciting opportunity you have been given. You need to embrace this opportunity. Too few people are trusted in this way! Who's idea was this?

Pastor Freddy

Anonymous said...

Reach into the lives of those dear children, and pray for their families, do all you can to reach out to them. The mission field is massive, but His anointing oil is upon you. God has raised you up to lead a new generation into the promise land, and you must be ready to take all you have been equipped, and continually open to receive more. Let nothing get in your way, and press on with Him, under the Light of His Love.